Pattern Procreate Brushes
SEE AFFINITY VERSION HERE
⇨ IMPORTANT: These brushes are compatible only with the iOS app Procreate for iPad. They won't work in Photoshop or other digital drawing/editing softwares. ⇦
This Procreate brushes set includes a collection of 27 seamless pattern brushes, to create varied textures or to add shading to your illustrations! There's a also a bonus inker brush included, so you can use this one to trace the outlines of your drawings.
These brushes are divided into 3 categories:
• 14 halftone/screentone/pattern brushes (halftone dots, lines, cross pattern,...)
• 11 hand drawn pattern brushes, such as crosshatching and parallel hatches
• 2 texture brushes (toner ink and stipple)
(And the bonus inker brush)
These brushes are great for adding a retro or comic book touch to your artworks - some of them can be layered for texture variations.
How to use the brushes: these pattern brushes (except the toner ink & stipple brushes) are "contained" within a circular shape, which means that it's best to paint a single stroke or area without lifting the stylus (otherwise the pattern won't line up anymore). So you can either paint an area with a pattern brush and use the inker brush with the eraser tool to erase the parts you don't want and "sculpt" the pattern shape. You can also use the inker brush (or any outlining brush) to trace a shape, select the inside of the shape, and on a new layer, fill the selected shape with one of the pattern brushes.
- 27 Procreate brushes in a single .brushset file
- 1 JPG swatches sheet for a quick preview of all the brushes
To use these brushes, you will need:
- The iPad app Procreate (the brushes will only work in Procreate)
- An iPad + stylus: even though the brushes will work with other iPad models and third party styluses, I recommend the iPad Pro + Apple Pencil combo, as they're currently the most precise & accurate tools for drawing in Procreate. The brushes were created & tested using an Apple Pencil so I cannot guarantee that they will behave as advertised with third party styluses.